Friday, March 8, 2013

RED Quinoa

I tried red quinoa today. Usually I have the yellow (golden) quinoa, but I had heard of red quinoa, so I decided to try it. The grains, both before and after cooking, were smaller than yellow quinoa. I thought that the red quinoa tasted more bitter than the yellow quinoa, and that the yellow quinoa had a pleasant flavor. However, my dad thought the opposite: yellow quinoa tasted more bitter to him than the red quinoa did. My mother couldn't tell the difference between the two quinoas.

If you have tried one quinoa or another, I would recommend trying the other variety.


Perhaps, if you like lighter, more bland food, you will like golden quinoa better than red quinoa, but if you like heavily flavored food and meats, you might like red quinoa.

(Photo via ridiculouslyhealthy.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment