Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Tomato Soup

I made Tomato Soup today. It surprised me how easy it is. I had the recipe memorized after making it once.


1/3C onion
olive oil
1 can tomato sauce
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can water
1-2 tsp sugar
basil or Italian seasoning, to taste
cream, to taste

Start by sauteing the onions in enough oil to make a thin layer on the bottom of the pot. Here's a tip from my brother (which he picked up from the cooking shows): let your pan heat just a little bit before you put the oil in. Not rocket science, I know, but I wouldn't have thought of it on my own.
 Once the onions are translucent, add all remaining ingredients except cream. Bring soup to a boil, reduce heat and let simmer for several minutes.
Add cream, if desired. Serve hot.
And that's it!

Super simple, but delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment