Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Clam Chowder

More soup! This one was more complicated, but still easy. My mother guided me through this one by explaining how she would make it, and different variations I could try. I ended up with something like this:

1/2 large onion, chopped
1 tablespoon oil
4 cups golden potatoes
1/2 cup cream
3 tablespoons of flour
2.5 lbs. can of chopped sea clams undrained  (the can I used had 3lb. 3 oz and I didn't use it all)
Cook the chopped onion in the oil on medium low heat until the onions are translucent. Add 1 cup of water and potatoes. Add more water if needed to completely cover the potatoes. Boil the potatoes until cooked and add 1/2 cup cream mixed with the flour. Bring the liquid up to a slight boil to allow the flour to thicken. Add clams and juice. Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment