Friday, February 22, 2013

Why Gluten Free?

My family eats mostly gluten free. Why?

It started with my dad. He has tried many different diets, trying to find the right one for him. Because my family is just my mom, my dad, and me at the house, we usually get pulled into his diet experiments. With each diet, we try it for a little while, and then decide for ourselves if we want to continue.

Going gluten free was difficult at first, because it meant cutting out bread. There are gluten free bread recipes, but we just cut out bread altogether.

After a couple weeks, we decided that we wanted to continue eating gluten free. I simply feel better when I don't eat gluten. It has helped my parents lose weight too.

There are many reasons that people eat gluten free, but ours wasn't for anything serious. We just tried it, and like it.

I don't notice anymore that I don't eat bread. It's just not part of my diet. Also, I eat foods with gluten on occasion, like cakes for birthdays.

No comments:

Post a Comment