Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Cookie Dough (to eat raw)

I was at my friend's house the other day, and she wanted cookies, but doesn't like baking. I suggested she just make cookie dough, and the idea surprised her. "You can do that?!" she asked. I had thought that everyone knew you could eat cookie dough raw, if you omit the egg. You can eat it with the egg, but you risk getting salmonella. We included the baking soda, but you can omit that too.

Just mix the dough like normal, omitting unnecessary ingredients. We made a 1/4 batch of Chocolate Chip cookie dough, using the recipe on the back of the Chocolate Chip bag. If you make a small batch and need to divide the ingredients, keep in mind that 1 teaspoon is 1/3 tablespoon, and 1 tablespoon is 1/16 of a cup.


Finally, because Valentine's Day is day after tomorrow, I shaped my cookie dough into a heart, saving the chocolate chips for last to outline the shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment